Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problems when I log on.

• Please log in to reply

miliano

miliano

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
A few days ago I started to get a problem with my fire fox page. When I log on I see a message that says.

COM Error Caught

code value= 80004002
code meaning= no such interface supported
Description= no default language

could not initialize language support interface

application can not run.

this message comes from avg anti virus system.

and it comes up on other accounts on my computer.

when I add add-ons or search engines they either are not added or don't stay on when I open a new window.

Edited by miliano, 17 August 2006 - 12:10 AM.

Advertisements

miliano

miliano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
so can no one help.

BlueScreen-Bertrand

BlueScreen-Bertrand

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi,

you should check out if the problem is caused by AVG. Just disable the guard via right click onto the tray-icon and then start firefox.

Hope it works...

miliano

miliano

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Well I no longer have the problems when I log in but I still have the problems with my internet. I realized that the problem is with inthernet explore and avant as well. The home page is always msn and I can not customize them.

BlueScreen-Bertrand

BlueScreen-Bertrand

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Then you'd better post a logfile of HijackThis. Start the program and click "Do a system scan and save a logfile", notepad will open. Copy the text into this thread.