Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Latitude CSx

• Please log in to reply

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Guys I'm in dair need of Laptop advice, O.K as you know from the topic title, I have a Dell Latitude CSx Series Laptop.

The Momory in it is 128MB and it says on the stick, SDRAM 64MB 66MHZ (8MX64) 3.3V IBM, and it's 144-Pin.

I want to know if I can use let's say 256MB or 512MB, of 133MHZ.

That's about all I know.

Any help would be great.

But you guy's are great anyway.

Edited by Marty L Mayes, 15 August 2006 - 02:30 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
http://www.crucial.c...p...s&submit=Go --- says that your MAX memory is 320MB so that would be the 64 that's in there plus a 256...it's unclear to me whether you have two free slots (allowing you to get two 128 sticks to equal the 256) or just one free slot (allowing you to get a single 256 stick)...but either way...the single 256 stick would get you to the absolute max that the system would allow

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
This Dell only has one memory slot.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
then you can only get one 256 or one 128 stick of ram...just make sure it's pc66 unbuffered sdram

Marty L Mayes

Marty L Mayes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanks