Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP (64 bit)

• Please log in to reply

mgarby

mgarby

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just purchased a new computer with an AMD Athalon 64 bit processor. I am currently running Windows XP service pack 2. If I were to use this demo from microsoft <http://www.microsoft...cts/trial.mspx>, which would give me 64 buit usage.

Would it :

A) Affect the speeed or usage of my computer
B) Delete all my programs off my computer when I install it (ie: start my computer from fresh)

Here's the link again: http://www.microsoft...acts/trial.mspx

Thanks, Michael :whistling:

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
System requirements
Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support

256 MB RAM

1.5 GB available hard-disk space

Super VGA (800x600) or higher resolution video card

CD-ROM or DVD drive

Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Important: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition cannot be successfully installed on 64-bit Intel Itanium-based systems.

if you have these requirements there shouldnt be a problem

might reqire more ram

mgarby

mgarby

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
BUt will it remove all the programs from my computer, you ddint answer my two questions

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok my guess is this 2 things can happen here if its some type of reformatting then you will lose your installed products

if it some form of recovery then you have reinstall and update your products but they wont be lost

but no matter what happens you should make back-up and save your important data pictures music any type of documents you back up on disc

just keep doing more research of the download

Edited by rushin1nd, 14 August 2006 - 05:36 PM.