Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring BackUps

• Please log in to reply

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Alright I got the bright idea, after spending 3/4 of my summer trying to figure out how to fix this stupid computer and have had no luck so far considering in order to fix my computer I've got to figure out somehow a way of dealing with 2000+ picture files that are very valuable to me so I cannot swipe my computer clean unless I find a way of getting these files off which has proved IMPOSSIBLE. Anyway, that's not why I'm here again. I got the bright idea of going into Program Files folder and trying to locate any registry programs I may have had a while ago that I might have used to accidently erase some registry files. One folder I have is called RegistryFix and when I click RegistryFixBackup there are two WinZip type folders named 5,14,2006_11,39,15 and 5,14,2006_17,39,26 and when I open one of them I get a long long list of things named like rkBackUp1503 rkBackUp1504 etc etc on and on. Does anyone know what I can do with these and if somehow I can use this long list of crap to restore onto my computer and see if that solves the problem? And also if I have deleted some registry cleaning programs is it possible (if I redownload them) to restore any thing that I may have deleted. I doubt it, but it's worth asking. I'm really really low on options considering burning my files to cds has failed, using a Backup program has failed, etc etc. Yeah I'm up the sh** creek.

Advertisements

ILoveDaniel

ILoveDaniel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Just as I thought....impossible.