Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internal Memory(RAM)

• Please log in to reply

whyme

whyme

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Not sure what i can run to give someone an idea of what i have, so i guess that would be the first thing i need assistance with. Then, would like to know how much RAM i can add to my existing system. if anyone could please help me out with this, i would be greatful. Thanks.

Advertisements

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
What is the model number of this computer? If it was custom built and not from a major computer builder such as Compaq, Dell, Hp, etc. what is the motherboard.

whyme

whyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
This is definitely not a custom build. I am a novice when it comes to hardware. The system is a laptop Dell Latitude CPx. I just shut down to get the model number and there are many numbers down there. I am going to assume it is the Dell LBL p/n 0798T Rev A02. My goal, of course, is just better performance. I think i am only running 256, plus i am running XP pro which i just learned may need 512 minimal for the OS alone. I am a little lost here, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
well first of all dowload and install THIS
it will tell you everything that you need to no

troppo

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
crucial is a memory manufacturer and on there website they have a tool for telling you what memory is compatible wiht your computer.

whyme

whyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks for the advice. The crucial thing worked just fine. I appreciate it.