Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ok, about Heathrow it is all true

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I arrived at Heathrow only to be told that I was not allowed in the terminal because I was not transit and that non transit people would have to use the phone or internet to makes arrangements, I entered by the other door, using a french accent, oh and the idea that transit meant someone who had come by bus. Inside I got one of the last three seats for the last flight to Geneva but had to go to Gatwick for it, received a coffee and a bicky from BA and got the bus, upon arrival I was told that I wasn't transit but that I could fly anyway, great. I was not allowed any paper(notes, newspapers, books, etc.,), nor gadgits, nor writing utencels. Boarding the plane with just a wallet, my keys, some coins and my passport they then counted the people once everyone had gone thought lots of body checks, questions and the like only to find that some bags of people who had not turned up were on in the hold needing to be removed, and after the wait the plane left and I arrived at Geneva airport at midnight being home at 01h00.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to remind everyone that they will need a bit more time to fly from the UK at this point.

Advertisements

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
And we didn't see this on the news???

I was watching GNN all day... :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you want get all the info you need from news from other countries its changing quite fast, up here we are almost back to normal only handluggage regulations are still in use but they arent making you use carrier bags anymore and you are only not allowed to bring liquids onboard. London is pretty crazy ive always tried to avoid london but if you can you shouldnt fly there if possible if you are coming or going from the UK.