Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frustrating Game Issue

• Please log in to reply

Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
So, I thoroughly enjoy computer gaming. It allows me to break free for a short amount of time from my hectic life, and often kill a few people in FPSs. Recently a friend bought Hitman: Blood Money and we installed it on my computer and played it for a while. Then, suddenly, on the third level the game kept randomly closing itself. After several times of this I figured it was an install error, so I promptly uninstalled and reinstalled, and once again, after reaching the third level with no problems, the game would exit on its own. Not a huge fan of the game anyway, I forgot about it and figured it to be faulty on its own. Then, just today I installed BF 1942 and after 30 or so minutes of problem-free play I exited properly and watched the A's game. After the game I felt like another round or so, so I started it up and after just 5 minutes of play the game did the same thing, and just shut down out of the blue. I restarted, and it did it again after just a few minutes. Oh yeah, so I did also update my graphics driver just in case that was it with the Hitman thing, which it obviously wasn't the cause. If anyone could help on this matter it would be much appreciated. My system specs are:

P4 HT 3.0 GHz
1 GB PC3200 Dual-Channel
AGP 8x PNY Verto GeForece 6600 256MB
ABIT IS7 w/ Intel chipset

I have never had any problem running any other game before on here. The other games I own are:
BF 2, UT2003, HL:2, CoD, SoF II, Flight Sim 2004, FarCry, KalOnline, C&C Generals, AOE I-III, Day of Defeat, America's Army

Thank you.

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
have you tried running any virus scans? also wats the CPU's temperature wen your playing the game?

Edited by daniel_c, 18 August 2006 - 07:31 PM.