Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

INSTALLING WINDOWS XP HOME PROB

• Please log in to reply

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok so i have a bootable disk and all and when i run the setup it installs and all but after you get to the part in the installation process when the pc restarts .. it just restarts and starts the installation process again ... it dosent start up windows XP and let you start setting stuff up .. Like the GUI part i guess u would call it ... get what im saying? well i kno windows is on there cause if i run the setup process again it says that there is already a windows folder on the C:/ which i have just previously installed... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??!!

btw when i restart it without the XP disk in it says OS NOT FOUND What the... lol hELLLP

CAn some one please help.. it would be greatly appreciated thanx :blink: :whistling:

Edited by boy9enius08, 15 August 2006 - 08:44 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
first...where did you get the "bootable cd"?

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
one of my teachers at school

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
....i wish teachers would get that those educational copies aren't for giving out for free...

go through the beginning steps of the install (the format of the drive and the install and what not) and when it's done and reboots the computer...eject the cd and let it start up...it SHOULD go straight into the rest of the setup....if it needs the cd again for any part of the install it will tell you to put it back in

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
yes i did exactly that nothing happensi keep getting NO OS smh

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
why aint no one helpin me this aint finished lol .. no no j/k take ur time haha

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well...my answer would be that you've got a bad version...and this is what happens when you get coppied windows....the fact that it's probably an educational version doesn't make it ok for your teacher to just burn you a copy of it...and you should really question his ethics for doing so...my suggestion is for you to actually go out and purchase your own copy of xp

boy9enius08

boy9enius08

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
wow i dont got money like the What the... lol im a poor little boy hahhaha

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP