Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NV4_DISP Blue Screen @ Bootup

• Please log in to reply

Gene R

Gene R

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I'm working on a Dell Deminson 8300 that goes to the BSD during bootup with a Stop Error Msg assoicated with NV4_DISP. I'm searched the internet and found some discussion boards but nothing seems to help. The PC is running Windows XP Home SP2 and has a NVIDA GeForce FX 5200 video card. I went to their site and downloaded updated drivers and their instructions to install.

Deleted the video card, restarted (went into normal mode), installed drivers, rebooted and walla--BSD again!

I can get into the machine in Safe mode....Any help? Please! and Thanks.... :whistling: :blink:

Advertisements

Corelis

Corelis

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I've noticed the connection to the FX5200 Card on several other BSOD NV4_DISP errors.

I'm having identical problems, but only in-game with WoW. It Just started to happen and Just after I Installed a Wireless Router. I think it's coincidence, but did you also install or change your network in any way?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers but that didn't fix the problem. I'm purchasing a new card tonight, and installing, if that doesn't resolve, it must be software side.

Corelis

Corelis

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay, I got this fixed but only by installing a new ATI Raedon 9250 Card at 256mb.

At 83.50$ it was worth the 10 minutes to uninstall the drivers and reinstall the new card.