Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VGA Controller, Video Bus Controller Drivers

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Hi, I recently installed Sp2. It ran good for a couple of days till today. I turned on my computer and graphics looked weird. And I get two new Add Hardware requests. One for SM Bus Controller and one for Video Controller. I tried to find a driver for SM Bus Controller from the harddrive and mainboard Cd but it found nothing. As for my Video Controller, I'm sure of the model No. but according to Everest its a SiS 315 Integrated. I tried to let XP search a driver for that but it found nothing. I did 'let me choose' and I tried to install the SiS 315 driver that came up in the list, I try to install it but it say Driver cannot strart. I then downloaded the latest driver from SiS site and install it. But when running the setup program I get an error "The setup program cannot find suitable driver. The setup program will terminate." If I let XP search for in the folder I unzipped from the download, it finds nothing.

My motherboard is K7SOM+ V:5.2C

Please help me ASAP. I have the urgent need of help.

Edit: When I opened up my box I saw a chip SiS 962 L. A google search tells me its a audio device.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Nikul, 15 August 2006 - 02:12 PM.

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok, I just found a driver for my SiS VGA and its workin fine.

I still need help for the SM Bus COntroller.

I am now going to download the IDE drivers for my motherboard and see if that helps.