Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which Anti-Virus Program has the best on-access protection control?

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Which anti-virus program has the best on-access protection control? I'm talking about the behind-the-scenes actions and the anti-virus that automatically treats the problems without me having to do a scan. Because when I don't need to have a too efficient virus scanner, only a virus scanner that helps remove the viruses and trojans behind-the-scenes because when I need a virus scan, I use Trend Micro's online scan.
Thanks.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
While it takes up many resources, Norton did an excellent job of protecting my computer. I only had two virus threats, each of which were automatically deleted by Norton, without me doing anything. Sadly, it takes up a lot of resources, and I couldn't take that anymore lol I suggest waiting on some more opinions before making a decision of course. :whistling:

Sha2

Sha2

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Avast AV Home edition is very good, I have had nothing get past it in the 11 months I've been using it. Good news is it's free. I'd reccommend giving it a try.

Have just noticed your other post on this subject and it seems you already use Avast. I'm not sure but it would seem that you have the same bug on your comp several times which would be why it keeps popping back up. Keep deleting, if that doesn't work give more info. Avast is still very good.

Edited by Sha2, 16 August 2006 - 07:21 AM.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
If you believe that you have an infection, please post your HijackThis logfile in our Malware section before installing any software. I hear that sometimes viruses which are already in the system can sometimes attempt to block or corrupt the installation of protection software. This is all assuming that you have an ifection however. :whistling: