Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INTERNET ISNT WORKING AND IVE TRIED EVERYTHING!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Okey... AIM still works but my browser is slow and most of the time nonresponsive. I thougt malware, so i got a new firewall (windows firewall nolonger works due to an update error) and wet through all of my virus and spyware programs cleaned out my regestry and all temp files. Still no resuilts. The i ran Winsock and it gave me a few erros while it was running (dont remember exacly but something about something not found lol) and still i have to reset my router (piece of crap Netgear WGT624 v2) before i go to another website or it all comes grinding to a hault. Could it just be the router itself that needs to be replaced? (remember AIM is still running perfect and mine isnt the only comp in the house thats having browser problems [the wireless network is run off of my computer]). Even before this i still had to reset the router atleast once dayly to ensure smooth internet. Any help is appriciated. Thanks in advance!!

P.S. interesting.... google searches (when i can get to google) work fine but when i try to go past the search i get a page cant be displayed. google searches seem to be the only thing really working lol

Edited by 11010110, 15 August 2006 - 02:33 PM.

Advertisements