Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Digital camera taking blurry pictures

• Please log in to reply

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
I have a Sony Cyber-shot 4.1 megapixel camera that's a couple years old now. It's always worked great, but lately all the pictures it takes have horrible motion blur. Even still objects blur. I've tried cleaning the lens, it's not dirty or scratched. I looked through the menu to see if it was some sort of special effect I accidentally turned on. I don't know what else to do. I can't afford a new camera right now. Any ideas?

example before and after pics:

before:

http://img332.images...tynoblurtx0.jpg

After:

http://img187.images.../gizblurld7.jpg

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Are the lenses adjustable?

Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Nope. Not adjustable. The batteries are full. The lens is clean, scratch free...I don't get it. My camera worked fine just a week ago. Nothing bad happened to it, it just started getting blurry for no reason. No water spilled on it or dropping it. Wierd that it would just suddenly get blurry.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
check your user manual for image stabalization settings, if that's not the problem than check for the option of reverting all the setting to the original factory setting. Probably pressed one of the buttons by accident and messed up a setting. do you have a tripod? do you use flash?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Another thought.... what kind of batteries? I had a camera that did that with some brand of batteries and not others.... from the way you worded it , sounds like they might be rechargable.... could be that you need a new battery/battery pack... Do you have spares? Do you have a shop near you that will test your batteries for you? WE have a place here called batteries plus that will check/recondition batteries for a resonable fee....