Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Belkin F5D7000 Wireless Network Card Help!

• Please log in to reply

phoenix211984

phoenix211984

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have just bought a Belkin wireless g network card (F5D7000uk) to go with a netgear router (WGR614). I can ping router with network card. I have tried disabling the nic and still does not work. I could get internet through the nic before. Tried disabling norton and my firewall. The computer has detected the network card and all drivers are installed plus the software on the disk that came with it. Wireless status is connected and strength is excellent but still i can not connect to the internet. I have tried everything i can think of and would really appreciate any advice!

Advertisements

adrian22

adrian22

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
hi try disableing windows fire wall if you have one if not try uninstalling it and start from sratch

phoenix211984

phoenix211984

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried what you suggested but still not working. At the moment i am using a laptop which is still connecting to the internet through the router. It is my main computer that is having the problem. I have been advised to ping my router which i have done and it is working but i am still not connecting. I have done ipconig/all and this is what i get:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : NEWPC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 5:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin 802.11g Wireless Card #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-11-50-DD-96-BA
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.6
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 62.31.144.39
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 15 August 2006 21:10:32
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 18 August 2006 21:10:32

adrian22

adrian22

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
i had the same problem and had to reset both internet and router you have to turn them both off then restart the internet conection first then the router if still having problems you might have to get intouch with the company who supplies your internet or broadband and they might be able to help you with your problem or you can try this

ipconfig
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

phoenix211984

phoenix211984

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried what you suggested but still no luck. Also i can connect to the internet on both my desktop computer(the one that is having the problem) and also my laptop through cable direct to modem. I thought it might be a problem with my router but i can still share files over the network. I have tried resetting my router back to factory settings but still no luck. I have tried doing netgear config wizard but it says that i have no connection to the internet. If i am connected to the internet by cable i cannot access my netgear router settings on my desktop pc. If my desktop pc is working then my wireless does not. Now i have lost wireless connection on my laptop and have to connect through cable to modem.

adrian22

adrian22

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
what you have to do for wireless connections is turn every pc (laptop)
off take the wireless connection off the laptop (if it has a wireless card take it out) then reset both boxes but befor you reset bothe boxes you have to put the wireless card back in if you have one leave the boxes off for 30 seconds then turn on the the providers box on first then the router then wait untill all the lights are stationary then switch your main computer on first then the second if you have one then turn on the laptop thats how i did mine you dont need to do any config that should be all you need to do and your router already has a firewall on it just in case you have left the windows fire wall off if you need to know more then you can get me on my msn addy which is [email protected]