Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SLIMBROWSER

• Please log in to reply

pakoppan

pakoppan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
HI,

Does anyone who uses SlimBrowser know something about the security features of this browser ? Those who don't use it but have some information about it are welcome.

I've been using it for sometime now and I still can't figure out how secure is this browser.

Is there any cross reference between Slimbrowser and the I.E ? :tazz:

Thanks

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I don't have any personal experience with it, but have searched it and read up on it. It seems like it is as secure as IE -- maybe ratcheted up a bit. I like what I read about it. Never had heard about it. I use Firefox and really like it. :tazz:

pakoppan

pakoppan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
HI coachwife6,

Thanks for the reply.

Just for the record, I'm using SB as my default browser and so far I'm not having any trouble with it. It's fast, faster than I.E, has Tabs and it's very simple to use and has some features I still doesn't understand quite well.

I'll reaserch a bit more and see what I can come up with and will post my findings.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
There were a few discussion groups on it, but not much.

Here's some advice to keep your computer clean.

How do you prevent spyware from being installed again? We strongly recommend installing SpywareBlaster (it's free for personal use) Click Here.

Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted pests.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla/Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially dangerous sites in Internet Explorer.
Consumes no system resources.

Download, run, check for updates, download updates, select all, protect against checked. All done. Check for updates every couple of weeks. If you have any errors running the program like a missing file see the link at the bottom of the javacool page.

It's also very important to keep your system up to date to avoid unnecessary security risks. Click Here to make sure that you have the latest patches for Windows.

These next two steps are optional, but will provide the greatest protection.
1. Use ANY browser besides Internet Explorer, almost every exploit is crafted to take advantage of an IE weakness. We usually recommend FireFox Posted Image.
2. Install Sun's Java. It's much more secure than Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine .

After doing all these, your system will be thoroughly protected from future threats. :tazz:

pakoppan

pakoppan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, will follow your recomendations.

----------------------- END POSTING and REPLY -----------------------------