Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cant watch films!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gambino

gambino

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi, recently i downloaded some divx films from bearshare. Everytime i play them on either media player or divx player my computer reboots. I've watched DVD's on my computer without any problem but these divx films arnt working.

Any idea on how i can fix the problem?

Thanks

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Do you see a blue screen flash for about half a second? Have you made any changes to the system since it was fine?

gambino

gambino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi, thanks for the reply. No i dont see a blue screen flash. Recently i had a lot of spyware and infections which i have now cleaned up. Sometimes when im watching the divx films the computer will reboot about 2or 3 times through the whole film, other-times it will reboot every 2 mins

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
So let me get this straight, only one specific series or type of DVDs cause this to happen? :whistling:

gambino

gambino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
yeah thats right, only when i play divx movies does the computer reboot

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im afraid we cant help, our TOS prevents us from helping you do anything illegal like watching pirate films.

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts

Im afraid we cant help, our TOS prevents us from helping you do anything illegal like watching pirate films.

Yep, you can watch them, but we will not assist in any way. Thread Closed.