Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thanks for the help

• Please log in to reply

majnen

majnen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently I went on a short holiday, and on my return my computer had acquired a small number of trojans that I couldn't seem to remove. I count myself as a relatively informed computer user, but when AVG, Adaware, ewido and Spybot couldn't remove the three of them, I was pretty much at my wits end.

While I didn't post a topic myself here, (though I was about to) I was able to read through previously answered topics of people who were suffering from the same virii that I was. By using the tools referenced in those threads from a number of posters, I was able to successfully remove the aforementioned problems.

This is just a quick note to say thanks to all the staff and users who posted in those threads that enabled me to get my computer clean (at least as far as I know) again.

:whistling:

[Edit:] Since it was a number of people that helped me, I donated $10 to the site itself rather an any individual person.

Edited by majnen, 15 August 2006 - 06:44 PM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
majnen,

Thanks for your kind words, and I'm glad we were able to help. :whistling: