Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows 2000

• Please log in to reply

galec

galec

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
how do i check what is loading at startup in windows 2000? in xp it's msconfig but don't know what the equivalent is in 2000.

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
You can copy or download the msconfig file (directions here), but I would advise using a tool called WinPatrol that also can run in the background and ask you whether or not to allow programs to run at startup and much more.

Edit: If you want to let your computer start more quickly, CCleaner (link in my signature on the bottom right) can clean unnecessary files and can speed up your OS.

Edited by Pi rules, 15 August 2006 - 07:29 PM.