Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Sound From speakers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jdee

jdee

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi,
Sure hope someone can help here..

I Just completed the task of cleaning my machine of mailware with the aid of the very gracious and qualified "don77" to whom I'm forever endibted too.

don77 sent me here in hopes that you could help resolve my sound problem.. I seems that just a day or two before I created the thread in the mailware section that in addition to other problems I also lost all my speaker sound. I assumed that when we got all the nasties cleaned that my sound would come back.. Regretfully it didn't.. I have checked all my sound related drivers and volume controlls and the system says that everything is OK.

I'm running a Nvidea motherboard and an athelon 8500 all in wonder video card. After the cleaning I ran both instilation cd's to be sure that nothing changed..

Here's the link to my thread in the mailware section in case you want to have a look at my HJT logs..
http://www.geekstogo...re-t126102.html

Thanks in advance,
jdee

Advertisements

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Start with the simple stuff ...

On your System Volume control ensure that no Mutes are checked.

Disconnect ALL the cables for ALL the speakers and then reconnect them.

What soundcard are you using?

Does this happen with CD Audio and midi / wave files?

Can you hear anything if you plug headphones into the speaker socket on your soundcard?

Can you hear a CD when you you plug headphones into the speaker socket on your CD Drive?

Is the Power On light illuminated on the speaker(s)?

jdee

jdee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks Listerofsmeg,

I guess that because of all my other problems I assumed the worst rather than looking for the obvious.

Before tha age of the computer I was i the accounting machine business and after trying to help customers over the phone I have driven as far as 300 miles only to find that the machine was unplugged..

LOL Guess what? My speakers were unplugged.. You have no idea how stupid I feel.. LOL

What's kind strange is that I live alone and I have never unplugged any of my hardware AC because I have a switch on the filter pannel that I turn off during bad weather..

:whistling: Maybe the virus that I had on my machine got out and did it.. :blink:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious,
jdee

Listerofsmeg

Listerofsmeg

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Thanks for posting the results. We like to hear them, good or bad!