Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help removing Norton please?

• Please log in to reply

rainbo

rainbo

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
My paid Norton sub ran out, so I decided to get AVG, installed and used that with no problems until the 30 days ran out, then decided to check out Avast. I THOUGHT I had deleted Norton, but apparently not. Each time I try to turn on Avast, it says Norton is running and Avast won't work. I looked for Norton, couldn't find it. Finally found an exe file for Norton so I deleted AVG and Avast and decided I would reload Norton. Norton failed to load successfully. *sigh* I just gave up and did a system restore to two days back and decided to come here for help. Is there a tool or something that will get rid of Norton for me since I don't know exactly where it is located and/or what's remaining of it? I even tried using my Uninstaller2006 program and that didn't work. Norton is expired and it is the only antivirus on the computer at the moment (as far as I can tell).

I installed Avast on my comptuer and it's working perfectly. It's my daughters computer that I'm having the problems with.

Thanks!!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi rainbo...

Have her go to THIS PAGE and follow the instructions to run the removal tool...stop at the end of step two. Reboot and install Avast!, update it, and run it.

wannabe1

rainbo

rainbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Thank you Wannabe1! I knew you guys would be able to help me once again. :whistling: If I have any difficulty, I'll be back tomorrow.