Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I remove search words from my Internet?

• Please log in to reply

poiqwe

poiqwe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don’t know how to explain my question without using extensive descriptions. Sometimes when I type search words into web sites such as google, the search words remain the nest time that I use such sites. For example, I might use the string “washboard abs” when I want to find web sites about abdominal exercises. Later I might want to search for web sites having to do with food and use the search word “watermelons”. When I start to type that word, I see that the word “washboard abs” still exists. Is it possible to “clean the system” so that previous search words that I created will no longer exist?

Advertisements

svevo

svevo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I suggest you go to either downloads.com or majorgeeks.com and download CC Cleaner... this will cleanup this and much more including your tracking cookies. It just takes a few seconds to run and is a good to run it after each use of the internet. Also, you might download Mozilla Firefox as your preferred browser. Has many nice features that IE doesn't have and is probably safer. Also, in its Tools dropdown it has a "Remove all private data" option that wil clean your searches and history. good luck

HPDV8315LOVER

HPDV8315LOVER

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Right click on Internet Explorer and go to properties.

Click the content tab

Click AutoComplete

Click Clear Forms to clear all the search words and click yes.