Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mouse Click Problem

• Please log in to reply

ridgerunner16

ridgerunner16

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am running windows XP home on my laptop but am using a USB mouse rather than the onboard mouse on the laptop. Recently, I cannot get my browser to open with my mouse set to double click. When I double click on my internet explorer icon, I get a menu window with open as one of the choices. Only if I click open will the mouse open the browser. What could be causing me to have to carry out this extra step of having to click on the word open to get the browser to open?

Thanks,

ridgerunner16 :whistling:

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
did you go to your control panel and check your mouse settings

go start....control panel......click on mouse....on the buttons tab ....make sure the slider is settngs is fast click ok

ridgerunner16

ridgerunner16

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I checked all of the mouse setting, and they are all in order. That is not the problem, but thanks for the response.