Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with...trojan virus? Cannot remove programs...cannot download any

• Please log in to reply

amberlorraine

amberlorraine

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am ready to smash my computer! I have been trying to fix this for the last 6 hours with no luck. I think my problem started when I thought I was downloading an update to a media player. I now have this yellow triangle in my task bar that keeps giving me an 'Urgent System Message: Virus! etc etc' and also another one 'Your computer is infected! Critical System Error!' Keeps trying to get me to buy some kind of spyware. I now have three programs I can't get rid of: IntCodec 6.0 - Internet Security Add On - Internet Explorer Security Plug In 2006. When I go into add/remove programs...won't let me. Keeps telling me I need to reboot the computer BEFORE I uninstall. I also tried to restore but of course, it wiped out my previous settings. I ran my McAfee spyware, and it found three files that I removed. But it didn't fix my problem. Ran it again, and you guessed it! They were back.

So, I have been doing a ton of searches and trying everything that I find. Some of the problems I am running into...when I go into my system processes, I can't seem to figure out which one(s) to kill. I can't find any of the ones people listed, and I'm no expert and afraid of doing even more damage. I've also found a bunch of different recommendations for programs to scan for viruses...Panda something or other, Ewido, etc. But I can't get any of them to work. I download them, but the files keep coming back corrupted and I can't install or run any of them. Kind of at a loss...any help would be so much appreciated.

PS...I'm not too much of a techie so if you could keep it in layman's terms that would be wonderful!

Advertisements