Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rename/move failure: Cross-device link

• Please log in to reply

BoomShake007

BoomShake007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
I couldn't figure out where to put this, but since it's FreeBSD based I guess this is as good of a place as any.

I have a network storage box set up with FreeNAS 0.671, which is based off of FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE (revison 199506). I can access the formatted, mounted drives both by CIFS and by FTP. I have a decent number of files I want to move from one drive to the other via FTP since CIFS takes so long. FTP works for upload/delete as well as moving files around on a particular drive.

However, whenever I try to move files from one mounted drive to the other, I get this type of error:
RNFR /mnt/media/test.txt
350 RNFR accepted - file exists, ready for destination
RNTO /mnt/misc/test.txt
550 Rename/move failure: Cross-device link

I have tried logging in as root, same error. I have looked through the available settings in the webGUI for FreeNAS but couldn't find anything related. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements