Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

system fan not working

• Please log in to reply

ongoing

ongoing

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
hi my system fan is not working...i went into setup looked at the pc health and found that system fan was reading 0 cup fan is working ok but the heat reading is at 55 to 58C anyone help

Advertisements

Holy Marcell

Holy Marcell

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello there,

temperatures from 50° - 65° C are usual. Dont be afraid.

You can check if your fan is running if you hold your hand in front of the hole in your Computer-Case. There must be a (ittle) air-bup.

Greez,

Edited by Holy Marcell, 16 August 2006 - 05:23 AM.

ongoing

ongoing

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
hi i opened the box as my comp keeps shutting down on me now and i think i have three fans the one that is on the comp caseing is not moving and is very hot to the touch so is most of thr other parts of my comp

Holy Marcell

Holy Marcell

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Please check the cabels of the fan and ckef if the fan is clean of dust.

Use a Hoover to clean it and be sure that you touch the fan, that it does not get too fast. this could destroy the bearing and the fan gets louder.

Greez,

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://search.netsca...ownload337.html

you could download speed fan but it may not help you i dont think using a hoover is such a good idea you should get a duster buster it can blow all the dust out of your computer but hold your fans lightly with your finger and make sure your computer is completely un plugged from wall or power bar before you make any attempt to open the casing

if that fails look into getting new fans from repair shop