Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to transfer file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Voice5.p

• Please log in to reply

tinydancer5

tinydancer5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: My daughters computer was recently recovered by Dell, and since that time, every time I try to install any games, such as sims2 or spongebob, I always get either 1 of 2 errors:

Unable to transfer file from 'TSData\Res\Sound\Voice5.package'from the media
or
missing file cannot find required DLL 'D:\AutoRunGUI.DLL

Every game would install and play before...now none of them will work...what can I do? When I contacted Dell, I was told to contact microsoft windows and ask for them to delete windows, then have them reinstall windows...when I try to contact mirosoft, they tell me to contact Dell. Couild anyone please help me with this issue? I do not know a whole lot about computers...but I am willing to learn! My daughter would be VERY HAPPY to be able to play games on her computer again. It's been 4 months. Thanks!!!

Advertisements

melissa820

melissa820

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have this problem as well my computer went to a place to get fixed and when i got it back I had to reinstall everything and Sims 2 will not install. I get this message unable to transfer file 'TSData\Res\Sound\Voice5.package' at 16% I havent been abe to play my game since January please tell me what i should do so I can install my game. :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Have either of you gone to the Update site and checked for any updates for Windows?

Also, you can download Windows .dll files from here

http://www.nodevice.com/

eydie

eydie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi. my computer was recently recovered by dell. and i really want to install sims again. would you mond helping me or telling me what you did for your daughter because i have had the same error for the file transfer of 'TSData\Res\Sound\Voice5 ?

Regards
Eydie