Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have no speakers on my machine, but most of the time when I receive new email I get a system beep. I would like to have this on another machine but it wont work. Here are the settings I have checked so far:

BIOS: Sound = ON
Start --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices Properties --> Sound Tab --> Sound Scheme = No Sounds.

Outlook --> Tools --> Options --> Preferences Tab --> Email Options --> Advanced Email Options --> Checked the play a sound when new mail arrives.

Now here is the fun part. The options above are identical on the machine that makes sound as well as the machine that does not make sound. Neither machine has speakers so this is all from the system speaker.

The other test I did is the machine not making sound when mail arrives will make system sounds in DOS so I know the system speaker is functioning.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I fixed it by going into
Outlook --> Tools --> Options --> Preferences Tab --> Email Options --> Advanced Email Options --> Checked the play a sound when new mail arrives

Unchecking it hitting ok, then going back in and re-checking it, then it works.