Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Messages Being Forwarded

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

At work, a lady in our IT department is on temporary leave for surgery. I'm filling in for her. In the past, she had a work pager. Each time she received an e-mail, the message would be forwarded to her pager. She no longer has the pager so the messages can't be delivered. Everytime she get's an e-mail, a duplicate appears. The duplicate, however, is from "System Administrator". The message title is the same, only it's preceded with "Undeliverable". When I open the message, it states the following recipients could not be reached. Then it lists her pager as the recipient. I've talked to another guy at work about this issue, but we can't seem to find a way to turn this feature off. In fact, I don't even know if the message is being forwarded from our Exchange Server or from her local box. Do any of you know I can correct this issue? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
It's an e-mail rule that she setup. I know how to set them up on my local account, but I don't know if they stay local or go to the server. I would imagine that if you can log into her account, you could go to Outlook and then Tools > Rules and Alerts... and find the rule that forwards the e-mails. You should be able to either disable or delete it. Test it and see if that works.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
fructose:

That did the trick. Thank you very much.

Magus

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
You're welcome. :whistling: