Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New computer problems

• Please log in to reply

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
Hey.... ive built my new computer but i have this problem... well not really a problem... can u guys help??

my problem is...when i boot up my computer....i dont get to the WIN XP splash screen.. but i get to the page with this stuff..... ill take a picture so u ppls will get a look at it...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

my problem is... si there any way to get directly to the XP splash screen??? :whistling: :blink: :help: :) :woot:

Edited by Rocknrollcows, 16 August 2006 - 08:44 AM.

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
it's a feature in the bios, it's probably called quick boot. Or you can disable the POST scrn.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
how do u disable it?

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
It looks like POST is finding that the floppy failes, so it displays the message. If you don't have a floppy installed that may be causing the floppy fail problem.

You probably have the default Boot sequence setup: Floppy, CD-ROM, HDD. If you go into BIOS and find where the boot order is listed, you can change it so the floppy isn't listed and that should clean up your problem. You can also disable the floppy controller if you like, since you aren't using it.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
all right! thx! that did it.... i found the problem... i didnt push the floppy connector all the way in! thx!

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Well, there you go. :whistling: Glad you found the problem.

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
thx!