Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noise in mpg file

• Please log in to reply

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
I have a local documentary of some friends in an MPG file. At about 3 minutes into it, the sounds is a loud, high pitched, static, electronic, noise. If I skip that one particular part when it starts, the rest of the sound is ok. If it's not skipped, the rest of the soundtrack is this noise.
I'm using Ulead DVD Movie Factory to convert it to a DVD, the sound is fine in this program (other than the static noise). When I created the DVD, it's that noise right through it. If I use WMP to play the file, half the picture is not displayed and there is no sound.
I'm wondering why this noise happens, it's a soundtrack corruption of course, but what would cause it?
Also, would deleting/editing that one section of movie solve this problem? What program could I use to do it?
I have a bunch of Ulead discs lying around, any of them do it?
I'm only guessing....

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Still no idea!
What I could do is delete a section of that scene, hopefully skipping that part.
What editing program/s would be good for this? Something that would be simple to use. Free or not, I could afford a little expense.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I use ulead videostudio to edit my clips,either 7,8,9or 10 .You could always grab the trial version for a once off job.

Cheers

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Great I have a copy of that. I' haven't tried or installed it yet. I'll check it out
:whistling:

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Rather than cutting out the offending section which can lead to audio sync problems in mpeg format,select the section before and "save clip" as a new file then repeat with section after, you can then add the two sections together and save without loss.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Yeah I've got Video Studio 9 SE that came with some hardware.I was making the DVD using Ulead DVD Movie Factory, it had sound when I was recording, but in Video Studio there is no soundtrack recognised. So it'shard t pin point the moment the soundtrack glitch happens.
I will try what you said anyway.....

Edited by sarahw, 29 August 2006 - 03:05 AM.