Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WRT300N Wireless Disconnects

• Please log in to reply

NezaByte

NezaByte

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm currently having a strage issue. First off, this problem has also happened with my previous router, so the router may not be the problem. At this time, I'm using a WRT300N router and WMP300N adapter on my main computer but have tried other cards.

After a few minutes of connecting OR disconnecting to the net on a wired computer, all computers connected on wireless seem to disconnect every 5-10mins for about an hour. The wired computers experience no disconnection issues. I really have no idea what is causing this. I've tried many things: changing the default broadcast channel, disabling wireless zero configuration, disabling IEEE 802.1x, making sure my wireless card would only connect to my network, etc.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. I suggest you turn off all the computers, and then reset your modem and router. Once the computers are off, just unplug the modem and router for about 30 seconds, and then restore power to the router first, and wait about 15 seconds, and then plug the modem back in. Wait another 15 or so seconds. Your router should detect the connection, right? Check the router's lights to find out. Restore power to the computers now, and see if this helps. Good luck :whistling: