Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ZoneAlarm Firewall Question

• Please log in to reply

Matt L

Matt L

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Sorry for all of these program questions, but I'm really new to all of these "how-to's", and I'm not very good at it.

However, my problem with ZoneAlarm is, when I have it on and running in the background, it won't let me get on to the internet. When I turn it off, the computer is able to log back online. Is there something I need to tweak for ZoneAlarm to be able to give me max protection, yet let me acess the internet?

Thanks.

And again, I'm sorry for all these questions. I hope you don't mind. :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download the file, click to install, choose clean install, let it install at the default setting

http://www.filehippo...zonealarm_free/

When you first open IE then it should ask for permission

Matt L

Matt L

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
It did ask for permission. I said allow and save option. However, it wouldn't work still.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and save this

Comodo Firewall

When you get the license key, use add remove to uninstall ZA

Install Comodo

Some are having trouble with the new version of ZA and cannot run anything above version 6.1.744.1

Last summer, PC Magazine rounded up free personal firewall products from Agnitum, Kerio, Sygate, and Zone Labs. (Symantec has since purchased Sygate and pulled it from the market; Sunbelt has purchased and rebranded the Kerio product.) They all did a decent job, though none was up to the standard of the best for-pay personal firewalls. Comodo Personal Firewall 2.0 brings excitement back to the free-firewall category with a spiffy interface and impressive performance. It protects any Windows 2000 or XP SP2 system from hack attacks, and it blocks unauthorized programs from using the Internet—even programs whose malware-style trickery fooled the other free firewalls.

J0hn

J0hn

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Or you can do this. Once ZoneAlarm starts up, try right clicking the ZoneAlarm icon on the bottom right corner to see if "Internet lock" is engaged, if it is disabled it.

Hope that helps.