Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Out of space for uploading footage

• Please log in to reply

cheezdoodle17

cheezdoodle17

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello! I edit videos using adobe premiere elements on a windows XP operating system. I no longer have sufficient disk space for the captured footage, since I've used it all up. The user guide to the program just says that uploading footage requires hard disk space. So I was wondering how to get more hard disk space. Would an external hard drive work for this purpose? Or would I have to install more internal memory or something?

Thank you!

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
An external hard drive would work, but I would recommend an internal one over an external for video editing. To clean up some, you could use a program like CCleaner (link in the bottom of my signature), but I doubt it would free up enough.

To find out which type of hard drive your PC can use, please download EVEREST Home Edition. Go to Summary and post what's listed under motherboard name and I'll look it up for you.