Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Personal All-In-One Printer A940

• Please log in to reply

Cathy Kalmus

Cathy Kalmus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dell all-in-one printer is only printing parts of pages or just the first few paragraphs of something, and sometimes just prints about every other line. I have an Dell 8300 series computer system with XP.

I have had the system for about 1 1/2 years now. Black printer cartridge says it still contains about 1/3 ink left and the color cartrige says it has 3/4 left. I have done some trouble shooting, such as cleaning the heads, realigning the paper.

I would appreciate any help possible. Also, would it be advisable to maybe reprogram printer into the system?

Cathy

:tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Since you cleaned the printheads and realigned the paper, did you also clean the print maintenance station? this is where the printer cartridge rests when not printing (off to the right).

It's a slim chance...You could certainlu upgrade the printer driver and the printer firmware...no harm in trying. Remove the printer from Windows first, though, by selecting it and choose delete (answer yes if windows asks you if you want to remove ALL files associated.

I would download the newest drivers and firmware from Dell rather than using the disk that came with it.