Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Boot Failure

• Please log in to reply

michald

michald

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hi guys i have a problem you see i have two hard drives and two cd drives everything was perfect but today the computer turned off so i turned it on but now i have a massage on the bottom of the screen that says Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk and press enter i tried everything i checked the cables i went to the bios and still it didn't gave me anything the weird thing is that when i press the enter the windows starts normally and i can log on and use my computer like before in the bios it shows me that i have two hard drives and two cd drives. I don't know what to do i think am going to try to install windows again you think that will help????

thank you very much for your help

Mike

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi michald...

I think the issue lies elsewhere, but let's check the files and the file system first off.

Click Start then Run...type cmd and press "Enter". At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (Note the space between sfc and /) and press "Enter". You will be asked for your installation cd, so have it handy. Wait for the scan to finish (this might take up to an hour).

Then click Start, Run, type cmd and press "Enter". At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r (Again...note the space) and press "Enter" When told the volume is busy and asked if you want to run this check on the next boot, type Y and press "Enter". Reboot. This will take a while...be patient.

Does this help the problem?

wannabe1