Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

6800 128mb AGP problems

• Please log in to reply

DistuRbed?

DistuRbed?

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
i just installed a new 6800 AGP and now when i turn on my computer there are lots of colorful dots and lines at startup then it gets to the desktop and there are dotted green lines up and down the screen
:whistling: at first i just thought it might be due to the fact that i hadn't installed it yet but when i inserted the provided MSI disk and tried to install the driver it got to 55% then told me that it hadn't been verified by microsoft and i clicked "continue anyway" then the computer restarts itselfand it happens all over ive tried installing other drivers eg. nvidia etc. but nothing works please help me.

Edited by DistuRbed?, 18 August 2006 - 02:36 AM.

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
clean out your mobo agp slot with a can of compressed air. What type of mother board do you have? Go do device manager and rollback all display drivers, use driver cleaner to get rid of all previous display drivers. go to nvidia.com to download the latest driver for your card and install it. if this doesn't work then it's one of two things.
1.your card is deffective, return it and get a replacement
2.your motherboard is not an intel chipset.. (via?) and you might need some virtual gart drivers (post your mother board model and make)

DistuRbed?

DistuRbed?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hey thanks a lot my motherboard has via chipset what can i do

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
well you could google your mobo's make and model with the key word Virtual GART driver. or you could go on the via (or your mobo makers) website to download the driver. then install it (after you have cleaned out all the previous drivers). After the virtual gart you can just install the nvidia driver.

DistuRbed?

DistuRbed?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
hey thanks a lot ilol try that