Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

START MENU--> ALL programs (menu is huge)

• Please log in to reply

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
For some reason, my Start menu --> all prorams menu has become extra large and it has dissapeared over the screen. The width of the columns are huge and I wanted to know how I could make then smaller.

I've attatched what it looks likes as an image.

Thanks.

Japstar

Attached Thumbnails

• start_menu.JPG

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
One thing I like to do to shrink the size of the Start Menu is to organize the program shortcuts and shortcut folders into a few categories, such as: AV Tools, Games, System Utilities, Security, Internet, Office, etc. and have subcategories inside each one if necessary. Just right-click the Start Menu and click Explore. From there, you can make new folders and drag and drop the shortcuts/folders in.

You can also have XP scroll down for the Programs instead. Just right-click the Start Menu and click Properties | Customize | Advanced. "Scroll Programs" is near the bottom of the list.

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks for ur help Pi rules, I managed to fix it. I found that one of my folders names was really long. So i edited it and made it smaller. This then made all the columns smaller and the same size.

Once again thanks.

Japstar