Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265 is not working

• Please log in to reply

patdied

patdied

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello i need help because my CDRW/DVD driver is not working. Everytime i put in a cd it makes the sound that it is trying to read the cd but it doesn’t. It was working fine before but all of a sudden it started to get worst and worst and now it takes me about 20 times putting the cd in so that it would be read and when it does get read it takes about 30 minutes or even get frozen.

I tried everything, i uninstalled the driver then reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. There was no new up dates for it.

Can someone help me, i can barely do anything without a CDRW/DVD.

I have a philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265. Thank you :whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. When did this start? Have you made any changes to the system recently?

patdied

patdied

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
No, i didn't make any changes. This started to happen a a long time ago i just didn't know. It started getting worst and worst and now it can't read it at all. I tried reformating the hard drive but i went half way and it couldn't read the cd and stopped. It stopped reading the cd. As you can see it can only read cd once in about 15-20 times. Thanks