Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with changing WAN IP address on belkin 54g

• Please log in to reply

SnowX

SnowX

• Pip
  • 2 posts
well it says my connection type is dynamic, yet iv had the same ip address for over a year and i want to figure out on how to change my Wan IP address. iv looked around on the login page for my wireless http://192.168.2.1/ i have 2 IP addresses one is my LAN IP which is my private ip which is masked by my Wan IP which is the public ip. my LAN IP i can seem to change with no problem but iv had my public ip for so long (wan ip) and i cant figure out how to change it.

Posted Image

Someone please help thanks.

~SnowX

Edited by SnowX, 19 August 2006 - 02:40 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Your WAN IP address is decided by the people you connect to the internet with. Therefore short of disconnecting from the internet for a while (a very long while in the case of some internet providers), there's nothing you can do.