Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Catalyst 6.8

• Please log in to reply

Mitesh

Mitesh

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I just downloaded the new 6.8 version of ATI drivers including the AVIVO (I have X1900XT). I unistalled all drivers and I used dc pro thingy to fully clean all ati stuff then installed the newly aquired drivers. It came up as v.6.7 in control center so I tried this 3 more times uninstalling and installing trying diffrent methods however it still comes up as 6.7. Anyone else got this problem? Please help.

Advertisements

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I just downloaded the new suite myself and was going to think about installing but I think I am going to wait to see if any other issues come about before I install on my X1600Pro Radion 512 memory card.

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
just downloaded the new 6.8 version of ATI drivers including the AVIVO (I have X1900XT). I unistalled all drivers and I used dc pro thingy to fully clean all ati stuff then installed the newly aquired drivers. It came up as v.6.7 in control center so I tried this 3 more times uninstalling and installing trying diffrent methods however it still comes up as 6.7. Anyone else got this problem? Please help.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this the file name

[attachment=10280:attachment]

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I just install ed the new 6.8 I thought and guess what it the same problem as you have in the about and version of the CCC it gives me version 1.2.2405.30455 as version of CCC so I do not know what the problem is yet

cathudog

cathudog

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Just saw on another forum that this is being called a typo on ATI part not suree it the truth or not time will tell

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It doesnt really matter, if its really updating but not changing the name fine, if it isnt updating then again unless you have a problem and need an update then thats also fine because the drivers are pretty much finalised now its minor changes you wont see a performance boost like you did with the earlier 6.x drivers on x1000s.

If you are really bothered get the omegas.

Mitesh

Mitesh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
I think it does matter as this is a huge company and minor mistakes like that are pointed out very fast by people such as ourselves and the fact that ATI have not corrected this gripe indicates that maybe this file is 6.7

Edited by Mitesh, 21 August 2006 - 04:58 AM.