Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with the SWAT 4 demo

• Please log in to reply

Cerberus_e

Cerberus_e

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
When I run he demo, it goes to the splash screen, and tells me this:

No Label

Crash Time: 06/17/06 21:56:51

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2596 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: No Video

UserName: ****
ComputerName: ****
Application location: C:\Program Files\SWAT 4 Single Player Demo\Content\System\

SWAT Build Number: 29930

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc [00000000 1336010380 FArray] <- FArray::Realloc [-1006941305*20] <- TArray<< <- TArray<< <- USkeletalMesh::Serialize [(SkeletalMesh SWATMaleAnimation.SwatOfficer)] <- LoadObject [(SkeletalMesh SWATMaleAnimation.SwatOfficer 33879192==33879192/38161697 33634186 525919)] <- ULinkerLoad::Preload [(SkeletalMesh SWATMaleAnimation.SwatOfficer)] <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject [(Core.Class SwatGame.DoorBufferVolume NULL)] <- UEngine::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I have enough free HD space (2 gigabyte). I have 1024 MB of RAM.
So neither of those can be the problem.
I set my minimum virtual memory (pagefile) size to 1533 and maximum to 2048.

It also says "no video", but I have no idea why he says that. I have a Geforce 6600GT and the videocard works fine.

What causes the game to think there is not enough memory? I looked at task manager and there is a lot of free memory when I launch the game, so there aren't too much background processes (after all, all games work, including games that are more demanding).

Thanks for any input :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
what are your system specs?

is your hard drive currently "compressed"?

Cerberus_e

Cerberus_e

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
My system specs were already in my first post, just cluttered around :whistling:

Intel Pentium 4, 2.6 ghz
Geforce 6600GT 128mb
1024 MB RAM (DDR400, dual channel)

My HD is uncompressed.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
well then all I can recomend is that you
1) defrag your hard drive
2) run checkdisk on the drive to fix any inconsistancies it might have
3) update your video drivers

If this doesn't resolve the issue then there isn't much that can be done. I checked Sierra's web site and they didn't have anything remotely usefull.