Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer not shutting down after printer installed

• Please log in to reply

RichP

RichP

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
Brand new computer:

XP Pro, AMD3500, 2GB RAM, 250GB Seagate.

I installed an Epson CX6400 and the computer hangs on shutdown. I have to hold down the power button to switch off. When I restart the screen goes blank just after the XP screen comes up. I have to restart it again to get into Windows.

I know it's the printer as it works fine when I disconnect it. I've tried reinstalling it and using a different USB port.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I would try going to Epson's web page and looking for a driver update. Another possibility is to check for faq or support on the model printer at Epson's web page.

RichP

RichP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I used the drivers downloaded from the Epson website. It's a bit weird as it worked fine on the old computer.