Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"DUMPING MEMORY-REBOOT" Loop

• Please log in to reply

bnkrldy

bnkrldy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This started yesterday. The computer stays on for 3 minutes or so, then a blue screen pops up with a long message that starts "A problem has been detected and windows shut down to prevent damage to your computer", with a suggestion to "disable or remove new software and disable caching or shadowing. It then starts "dumping physical memory to disk" for about 5 minutes, and reboots itself. I am not able to run any type of diagnostic scan because it shuts itself down too quickly. I tried running diagnostic scans in Safe Mode, with the same result. At this point, I am using a laptop and seriously wonder if my desktop can even be fixed. Any ideas?

Advertisements

bnkrldy

bnkrldy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, sorry for being an idiot and ansering myown post...I reset the computer to an earlier date, and it't didnt kick me off. I was able to scan all 3 users names. I would like to post the hiJackthis log if it is advisale.