Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help connecting

• Please log in to reply

Jasmine

Jasmine

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i used to be able to connect to the internet with my acer aspire 1360 laptop wirelessly, but someone came and changed some of the wires and played around on my computer for a little. i told him to change everything back, and he said he did. now, i find that i cannot connect to the internet wirelessly. i tried hooking it up, and it still doesn't work- my desktop still works fine though. my guess is that it's something on my laptop, since this desktop can connect to the internet and the laptop can't. all the wires on the router seem to be in place. any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Have you tried resetting the modem and router? You can do this by powering them off for at least 15 seconds and then restoring power.

Jasmine

Jasmine

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes, i have; it doesn't fix the problem. also, it shows that i am connected wirelessly, it sends out packets, but none are recieved.