Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

low graphics card preformance

• Please log in to reply

oakland a

oakland a

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
i just ran call of duty united offensive and i had setting all maxed out at 1680 by 1050 res and i was getting avg framerate of about 19. if someone could tell me wy im getting such low fps with a 7900 gt.

btw its on the first mission

i know i posted this before but it didnt have to do with my original post about 3d mark06

thx in advance

Advertisements

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
probably your trying to runit at a to high resoulution with maxed out settings

turn dome of the other stuff down

or it could be your other hardware what CPU and how much RAM do you have also what rating is your PSU

troppo

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
The only thing you can do is turn down the res. but keep the settings. It's a no brainer to be honest. Just because you have a good video card doesn't mean you can max everything. Your whole computer has to match up as well.

oakland a

oakland a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
well, i should have explained more, when i play call of duty at maxed settings and the same res i get an avg. of 56 fps , but when i switch over to united offensive i get low framrates with same settings.

btw i got 2 gigs of ram ddr2 667
psu is an antec 550w
and i have a e6400 cpu

also when i play F.E.A.R. my fps is either 30 or 60 it doesnt go any higher but just stays like this, why is that, on my other games it doesnt stay at a set framerate

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
just turn down the atriscoptic filering a little bit because you cant even tell if its on or not

also probably because that is a strange resloution im guessing that its a wide screen monitor and that could also be the problem

but having 2 gigs of RAM doesnt mean everything it can also be your hard drive thats slowing things down what spec is that and how much cache is on the drive?

plus also thats not the "best" card out there (not saying that its rubbish its still a very good card) but to run at a high widscreen resolution at maxed out settings is for somehting like a X1900XT or maybe a bit bellow what im trying to say is that you cant expect to have the highest frame rates with maxed settings on a wierd screen size its just not possable

sorry to say,

troppo

oakland a

oakland a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
My hard drive is 320 gb runiing at 7500 rpm with 16 megs of cash, also in my other post about 3dmark somone told me my overclocked cpu or graphics card could be overheating when i run 3dmark thats why i get a score of 6556 on 05, could somone help me how to tell if its overheating and if thats why i get a low score in 3dmark 05

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
use verest home edition you can get it HERE

it will moitor everything that is connected it will also tell you what speed everything is running at

troppo