Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

oblivion playability problems

• Please log in to reply

californiafraser

californiafraser

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey all,
i just bought The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and installed it on my computer. everything went fine, the game started up, i watched the intro video, got to the main menu, but when i tried to start a new game, it just closes. any idea why this happens?
regards,
fraser

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Are there any patches available for the game? Are your video drivers up to date?

californiafraser

californiafraser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
hey stormknight,
yes, ive applied all patches to the game, and my video card works fine on all my other hi-graphic games. but i will try and see if that works...
fraser

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Did you try the game before installing the patch? I uninstalled the patch eventually as it caused more problems than fixed for me.

OG610

OG610

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

hey all,
i just bought The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and installed it on my computer. everything went fine, the game started up, i watched the intro video, got to the main menu, but when i tried to start a new game, it just closes. any idea why this happens?
regards,
fraser

Can oyu please list your system specs? Vidcard, soundcard Memory etc...