Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Another Program is currently using this file" error within

• Please log in to reply

funtmachine

funtmachine

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
gdman,

Yeh, think i misread your first post... i thought it was a file you couldnt delete..

Have you had your HJT logs reviewed by one of the experts? if not, post them up, either in the malware forum, or if the moderator allowed it in this topic, in here....something you could pm them for...
If it doesnt come up in any scans - antivirus, ewido, it still could show its face in a HJT log... If that didnt show anything, you could always repair or redo your windows installation as a last resort... ( i know we should be able to work around it without having to do this)...

anyway post those logs and let us know..

Dave

Advertisements

gdman

gdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I will try to post them in the Malware forum then. I don't know if I can post them here or not...? BTW, I dig your avatar you got. I've got all there CD's and listen to them while doing homework!

gdman,

Yeh, think i misread your first post... i thought it was a file you couldnt delete..

Have you had your HJT logs reviewed by one of the experts? if not, post them up, either in the malware forum, or if the moderator allowed it in this topic, in here....something you could pm them for...
If it doesnt come up in any scans - antivirus, ewido, it still could show its face in a HJT log... If that didnt show anything, you could always repair or redo your windows installation as a last resort... ( i know we should be able to work around it without having to do this)...

anyway post those logs and let us know..

Dave

funtmachine

funtmachine

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

BTW, I dig your avatar you got. I've got all there CD's and listen to them while doing homework!

A little off topic: Yeh Metallica rules, ive got all albums, dvds etc, my flatmates room is decked with flags etc... wish theyd come back to australia, heard their new album is gonna be more like their old stuff = pumped for it...

Anyways, i spose you could PM a moderator and see if they'll let you post them in this topic, but then youd need someone who knows how to analyse it, and i dont, so maybe malware is a good idea...

Dave

gdman

gdman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I just want to THANK YOU all for your help on helping me clear up my problem. I'm really not sure what part of the steps that I was advised to take that cleared it up, but my system is running A LOT faster for one and secondly the problem of the malware has now been resolved. Thanks again for everything!

Sean