Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD UO endless Awaiting Connection

• Please log in to reply

Eticida

Eticida

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,this is my first time here, and i decided to register cause i cant find help anywhere or anything that could help this way,and if someone already posted this issue,im sry but i didnt see!! :whistling:

I've been playing CoD/CoDUO for the last 4 years,and some years ago i didnt have this problem,and problem is that i can only connect to servers that the port is :28960, and i have no idea why.
I even reinstalled the game,the patch everything and still have the stupid endless Awaiting Connection when i try to connect to a server that doesnt have that port. I'm in a clan and this being a really problem cause there's not vey much servers with that port.

Plz can someone help me with this, i would apreciate an email if possible! ty so much for ur concern, cheers :blink:

Edited by Eticida, 20 August 2006 - 11:48 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well port 28960 is the default port for the game. A quick check of servers showing in the "all seeing eye" game browser shows at least half are running on this port.

if you have a router (linksys for example), make sure you don't have port forwarding enabled. Also try placing your pc in the dmz. This places the pc outside of the hw firewall provided by the router.

other problems that could be causing the "waiting to connect" is punkbuster. Have you updated your punkbuster?

Eticida

Eticida

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well my router is the cheapest i found, and its name is Broadband router lol, but ill those things u said! thank you so much for ur attention cheers

Dr.octogonapus

Dr.octogonapus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i updated my punkbuster and i don't have portforwarding enabled and it still didn't work..please help single player is boring
ps. if i put my pc outside the firewall will i be putting it at risk?