Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox, install missing plugins

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I've been using firefox for a long time now, and I've noticed that on certain websites the bar for missing plugins appears on the top of the screen. So I click on "install missing plugins", and it does a quick search to see what I need.

What seems to be happening most of the time though, is that it recognizes that I need Apple Quicktime, but it cannot install it automatically, so it gives me the link to the site so that I can install it manually.

However, I already have quicktime on my computer. I tried updating it, and I even reinstalled it from the site that they gave me, but the missing plugin bar always reappears when I go back to that particular site. And I do notice that some aspects of the website, be it MIDI background music or embedded videos, do not play.

How can I get this plugin to work for firefox? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is this just another glitch?

Thanks

Advertisements