Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD ROM is not on

• Please log in to reply

kartman

kartman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Today i got my comp. to start. Now I have the problem with the CD ROM,Floppy,And Hard Drive. None of these turn on. Not only is that the problem, the monitor says no signal. I have all the power switches or whatever they are called plugged into the back of all of them, but they don't work. Like the CD ROM won't open and there is no light comming from the CD ROM or Floppy.What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

Well the floppy works now but the CD ROM and Hard Drive don't. Any other suggestions?

Edited by kartman, 20 August 2006 - 02:19 PM.

Advertisements

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Do you have the IDE cables plugged into them? The optical drives need 40 or 80 pin IDE cables and the floppy needs a 40 pin (I think) FDD cable. These cables should have been included with your motherboard.

Are they recognized by the BIOS?

apritske

apritske

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
As far as the monitor, do you have your graphics card plugged into your power supply?